This past weekend we decided to take a box set of Harry Potter movies we had purchased over the Christmas holiday and have a Harry Potter movie night. In honor of Harry Potter I decided to make butterbeer to go along with our popcorn.
Unfortunately butterbeer is super high in calories and loaded full of sugar. When I am not as concerned about watching my calories I would love to try this recipe for butterbeer, but that won’t be for a while. In the mean time I found a very low calorie recipe for butterbeer on Pinterest. I was super excited to give this recipe a try.
It’s super simple, and super delicious. OK so is it as good as the real deal?… NO, but is it a great dessert for someone trying to watch their calorie intake? You bet it is! I have even left the cool-whip frozen in this recipe to make it like a low calorie ice cream float! Excellent!!
- 2 tsp. butter flavor extract (zero calories)
- 3 tbsp. cool whip (I used low fat) (30 calories)
- 1 can diet cream soda (A&W is the best) (zero calories)
- Place butter extract at the bottom of a glass
- Pour cream soda on top of the butter extract
- Top with cool whip then stir
Original Recipe Source
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com