This is an excellent recipe. It is full of flavor and fun. This can be served as an appetizer, or as a main dish. I have now served it both ways. This recipe makes an excellent pot luck recipe too.
- 1 – 26oz bag frozen meatballs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. ginger, minced or grated
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (More or less)
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 c. low sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 4 tsp. sesame seeds
- Garnish with 4 green thinly sliced green onions
- Add one bag of frozen meatballs to a lined slow cooker (for easy clean up)
- In a bowl add remaining ingredients except, green onions and sesame seeds. Mix well
- Add sauce ingredients to the slow cooker and mix well. Covering all the meatballs.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. The time will vary.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve over rice or on their own.