This recipe is very easy and very delicious. Hungry girl uses an air fryer to make burgers, I just used a grill. You can make them anyway you want to. These burgers are full of a nice Asian flair and have a nice crunch. I would say if you have a crunch/texture issues you might not care of these.
Next time I make this recipe I am going to turn them into lettuce wrap verses patties. I think they would be even better. This is certainly a recipe I will make again. It is easy, could be made ahead, and has a great flavor too. I am including my version of the recipe below. Check out www.HungryGirl.com for the full recipe!
- 16 oz. raw extra-lean ground chicken
- 1/2 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tsp. Siracha sauce (more if you like it hot)
- 2 tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 2 tsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-large bowl and mix well. Form into 4 burger patties I weight mine out to be even.
- Set your grill to a medium high temperature. Spray the grill with nonstick spray. Place each patty in a single layer. These burgers can also be made in the air fryer. (350 degrees)
- Cook on each side for 6 minutes or until the center of your burger reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve on a bun, lettuce wrap, or on its own. Can be topped with ANYTHING!!