This recipe goes to the top of my list as one of the best recipes I make. I think it is fantastic. Again, I don’t remember where it came from but it is delicious. If I owe you recipe credit please let me know because you deserve it! Easy, Fast, and Delicious!
- 2 Tablespoons light butter spread (butter or oil)
- 12 Ounces Andouille Sausage (sliced into circular pieces)
- 1 large Chicken Breasts (cooked and diced)
- 1 Medium, Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Medium, White Onion (diced)
- 1 Celery Stalk (chopped)
- 5 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 2+ tsp low sodium Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp dried Thyme
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1 (14 Ounce) Can Diced Tomatoes (with juices)
- 3/4 Cup Long Grain White Rice
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Set the Instant Pot to “Saute.”
- Add the oil to the pot then add onions, pepper, and celery stirring while scraping the bottom. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds while continuing to stir. Hit cancel on your pressure cooker
- Add the Creole seasoning, thyme, cooked sausage and chicken, tomatoes, and broth stir well. Add the rice to the top of the mixture and press the rice down into the liquid. Do not sure again.
- Close the lid, make sure the valve is set to “sealing,” and push the manual button then put the time on 10 minutes.
- Once it starts beeping allow the Instant Pot to natural release for 5 minutes turn the pressure valve to release completing a quick release. Remove lid and stir.
You must be logged in to post a comment.