This recipe is pure comfort food. It is a low calorie option full or flavor and easy on the budget. You can make it ahead of time and it will be just as good the next day. We do not add it to tortillas but you certain can. We like it as a main dish just the way it is.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 10 ounces can of tomatoes with green chilies (your heat level)
- 1 can mild diced green chills
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup jarred queso
- Place chicken into a lined slow cooked (for easy clean up)
- Sprinkled taco seasoning onto the chicken
- Dump in the tomatoes with green chilies, broth, and green chilies and mix well
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high 4 hours. Time may vary depending on your slow cooker. Chicken should cook to 165 degrees
- After your chicken is cooked drain liquid but leave in the tomatoes and chilies
- Shred chicken and add in queso.
- Serve as tacos or as a main dish
You must be logged in to post a comment.