We had some friends over for dinner a few nights ago. I was serving French bread with dinner, but I didn’t really want to serve plain French bread I wanted it to be something that would stand out and something that would be noticed and be delicious.
- 4 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 green onion chopped fine
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened to the point of being slightly melted
- 1 loaf of French bread
- In a large bowl, mix together the cheeses and the green onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream. In a separate small bowl blend the butter and garlic until smooth. Add the butter mixture to the cheese mixture.
- Preheat broiler. Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down. Spread cheese mixture over the bread. Place under the broiler until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle. Slice the bread with a bread knife. Serve.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com