I love oatmeal. I love eating it for lunch more than breakfast. It’s a nice hearty meal that easily carries me through until dinner. One of my favorite oatmeal flavors is maple brown sugar but I don’t like the kind in a box. I like it homemade. I think the boxed oatmeal is too over the top and has a fake maple flavor and I don’t like the smell either.
In an effort to remove as much pre-fab food from our diets I haven’t been buying anything much in a box lately anyway. I thought I would try to make my own maple brown sugar oatmeal and I am sure happy I did!
This recipe is delicious! It has just the right amount of oats to sweetness ratio that is full of flavor and leaves you very full. I am excited it turned out so good! With many attempts in the past I wasn’t anticipating much success but this recipe is a winner.
- 1-1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 or 1 cup of water (Depending on how thick you like it)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Add milk, brown sugar, and water to a medium sized pot and bring to a boil.
- Once the liquid begins to boil add oats and salt and allow to cook until the oats soften up.
- Once the oats are soft turn your burner off and add maple syrup.
- Allow your oatmeal to set off the burner for about 3-5 minutes or until it’s nice and thick.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
1 thought on “Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal”
Looks like the perfect breakfast.