I love roasted vegetables, and for some reason I have grown to really enjoy cabbage. It’s taken awhile to get there, but here I am. It must be the German blood line in me creeping out. I still can’t stomach sauerkraut… maybe someday.
I was looking on Penterest a few days ago and discovered a cabbage recipe I had never thought of and one that was a must try. I wasn’t in favor of the recipe itself so to speak, but I was definitely in favor of the concept of roasting cabbage.
The original recipe called for lemon to be drizzled over the cabbage, but I am not a huge lemon fan. I love the smell of lemon! I just don’t really care for eating it unless it’s for dessert.
I took the concept of roasting the cabbage and ran with it. I just so happened to have a half head of cabbage that needed to be used up, so the timing was perfect, and so was this recipe!
I love how this roasted cabbage turned out. I had no idea how good it would be in truth it was a shot in the dark, but one well worth taking. This will definitely be a recipe I will be making over and over again! It’s easy, and fantastic!
- ½-1 head of cabbage depending on your needs
- Olive oil (or any type of oil I used pecan oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees
- Line a jelly roll pan with tin foil for easy clean up.
- Slice cabbage into ½ inch slices and place each slice on your lined pan. Remove most of the stem, but leave enough to insure your pieces would stay together.
- Drizzle oil on each side of the cabbage and rub in. As stated in the original recipe you can use a pastry brush to easily spread the oil.
- Generously add salt and pepper to each side, then place in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cabbage is brown enough for you. I loved the browner areas, they were bursting with flavor.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
4 thoughts on “Roasted Cabbage”
I had never had roasted cabbage before until a few nights ago, and I loved it. I will definitely make it again. The recipe I used was similar to yours except it called for a few tablespoons of lemon juice mixed with the olive oil. I loved the addition of the lemon juice.
That looks amazing. I love cabbage! I was just thinking I should make bierocks this weekend, they are amazing and I have the best, easy recipe for them. I will have to try this, it looks like a simple and healthy side dish.
http://nothankstocake.blogspot.com/2011/11/new-recipe-my-favorite-cabbage.html?showComment=1321542032670#c3615724937858237213Check out her thoughts on the lemon, she was worried about it too… but ended up loving the flavor. 🙂
yummy, I love the taste of roasted cabbage.