- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon season salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Mix all ingredients meatball ingredients together in a large bowl (I used my Kitchen Aid Mixer to save time)
- Shape into small meatballs and set aside to get your gravy started.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter
- Once the butter is melted add the onions. Sauté onion until the onions are translucent.
- Whisk in flour and cook until bubbly, then whisk in beef broth. This should all be done slowly to avoid lumps.
- Bring to a boil, and add remaining gravy seasoning.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- Add your meatballs to the simmering gravy.
- Gently place meatballs in gravy. Do not stir for at least 20 minutes (this is a must) or you will risk breaking the meatballs.
- After the 20 minutes are up you may begin gently stirring your gravy.
- Continue cooking in the gravy for another 20 minutes, and the meatballs will be thoroughly cooked.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
1 thought on “Melt-In-Your-Mouth Meatballs with Gravy”
I think they sound really good! Yum!