I was in the mood for fried chicken, but in all honestly I was being too lazy to be bothered with frying it so I decided to make dinner easy and go for oven “fried” chicken.
Most recipes I found online required you to use plain bread crumbs, but I only had Italian bread crumbs, and I wasn’t in the mood for those spices. I decided to use up some panko I had on hand and a few other ingredients and see how it turned out.
To my surprise this speedy recipe turned out fantastic! The chicken had a wonderful flavor, it was crispy, and very moist inside. I typically don’t have a lot of faith in baked chicken because it’s just not as good as fried chicken, but this recipe really turned out excellent!
- 3-4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of plain panko
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- Cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a baking dish or jelly roll pan down with Pam or some other type of cooking spray. For easy clean up line your pan or baking dish with foil, then spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish add panko, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and mix together.
- In a separate bowl add eggs and scramble up with a fork until the eggs are frothy.
- One at a time take each chicken breast and add it to the egg dip, then add each chicken breast to the panko dish and evenly coat the chicken breast with the panko spice mixture.
- Place the chicken on the sprayed pan, then bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked in the center.
- It’s that’s simple!
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
5 thoughts on “Garlic and Parmesan Panko Baked Fried Chicken”
Panco is great to coat the meat and fish.Love the chicken made this way:)
p.s. forgot to say:There is nice Giveaway on my blog till 23rd Novembar.Everyone welcome;)
I could eat a whole chicken made this way!
Love Panko crumbs! I am also a big fan of oven frying! haha! It is so much easier than standing over the stove!
This looks yummy. Can I come over for dinner? LOL