- 4 cups canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 8 ounces mozzarella string cheese, individually wrapped
- 16 thin slices salami, 2 1/2-inches in diameter
- 8 egg roll/spring roll wrappers
- In a medium saucepan, add oil and heat to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk thoroughly. In another medium bowl mix panko and Italian bread crumbs.
- Dredge 1 entire side of egg roll wrapper into egg wash. Place 2 slices of salami in the center of wrapper, towards the edge closest to you. Place 1 stick of cheese on top of salami. Roll wrapper edge closest to you over the filling. Tuck ends and continue to roll until it forms an egg roll shape.
- Dredge rolled wrapper in egg wash again, and then thoroughly coat in bread crumb mixture. (Wrappers can be frozen for future use at this point.)
- Add 1 to 2 rolled wrappers to oil at a time, cooking 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Be careful not to overcook, or cook on too high of a temperature as wraps may explode. Remove fried cheese to a paper-towel lined plate and serve immediately
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com