I love bacon, but I hate the mess that comes with frying bacon. I decided there had to be an easier way. I decided to figure out how to “fry” bacon in the oven, and now that’s the only way I do it. First off I don’t have to scrub down my kitchen after making bacon now, and I don’t smell like fried bacon after cooking it! That’s a huge plus! This is simple and fantastic!
What you need:
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1 jelly roll pan
- Heavy foil
- Optional oven safe cookie cooling racks
- Line a baking sheet with heavy foil. This will make your cleanup much easier. I like to use the heavy foil to insure that the grease doesn’t get on my pan. Yep it’s called lazy.
- Arrange your bacon on the foil. I put my bacon on cookie cooling racks in the middle of my foil lined pan. This helps the grease drip off your bacon.Place the baking sheet in a cold oven. Turn you oven on to 400°F.
- Check your bacon within 15 to 20 minutes. This will vary based on the thickness of your bacon. Check back often you don’t want burnt bacon. Let your nose be the guide. As soon as the bacon is golden brown, but not excessively crisp, it’s done.
- Remove pan from the oven and remove your bacon from the pan. Place bacon on paper towels to allow the excess grease to drip off.
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
1 thought on “Oven Fried Bacon”
great tip! I will have to try it!