The first time I had pesto was in the Pennsylvania Amish country. I had never even heard of pesto before. The day I tired pesto I was in love. It always amazes me I come across something I have never had in my entire live then suddenly I am in love and it changes everything for me.
I love pesto (humm… I think I might have said that lol) but I had never had roasted red pepper pesto. When I found this recipe I decided I had to give it a try. This recipe is very good! It’s full of flavor and just a little goes a long way. Which means you will have plenty for future meals. I love that because that means a simple dinner in the future.
- 8 ounces roasted red bell peppers
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 5 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered lengthwise
- 2/3 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- In a blender or food processor, purée peppers until they are smooth and well blended (If a blender or processor is not available, chop into fine bits and manually blend). Shred cheese and chop nuts into bits, blending thoroughly and add to peppers. Chop basil into tiny pieces and combine with peppers, cheese and nuts.
- Add oil and vinegar to combined ingredients. Press garlic and combine with other ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate and use within several days or freeze to keep longer.
Original Recipe Source
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
1 thought on “Roasted Red Pepper Pesto”
Ooh that sounds really good! Thanks for sharing! 🙂