- 8 ounces roasted red bell peppers
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 5 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, quartered lengthwise
- 2/3 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- In a blender or food processor, purée peppers until they are smooth and well blended (If a blender or processor is not available, chop into fine bits and manually blend). Shred cheese and chop nuts into bits, blending thoroughly and add to peppers. Chop basil into tiny pieces and combine with peppers, cheese and nuts.
- Add oil and vinegar to combined ingredients. Press garlic and combine with other ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate and use within several days or freeze to keep longer.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com