I have heard over and over just how great buttermilk is! “OH NICOLE you have to try buttermilk pie.” Finally I made a buttermilk pie and I must say it was pretty good. I will admit I do NOT like anything eggy! For instance I do not like frittata, omelets, bread pudding or eggs in general. To me this was on the border line of almost too eggy! Don’t get me wrong I loved it! The flavor was incredible. It comes together quick and easy and served warm its heaven. Severed hot it’s lethal. Let it cool!! This is a keeper!
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine , melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 eggs , beaten
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 deep dish pie shell (I used Pillsbury)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light.
- Add the eggs and beat; then beat in vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add to the batter alternatively with the buttermilk; beat until smooth.
- Pour into a deep dish pie shell and bake at 400F for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350F and bake for 50-60 additional minutes.
- Pie should turn a nice golden brown and a knife inserted should come out clean.
- I think it is absolutely best when it is just still warm.
Original Recipe Source
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
1 thought on “Buttermilk Pie”
I have never heard of a buttermilk pie! This looks so good 🙂