I love sweet potatoes and I love sweet potato pie, but I had never made a sweet potato pie myself. After Thanksgiving I had a ton of sweet potatoes left over. I kind of went sweet potato crazy at the store the night before Thanksgiving because they had sweet potatoes 6 pounds for $1! I ended up with 12 pounds… my husband looked at me like I was losing my mind when I started loaded up the cart with them, but I had a plan… kind of….
After looking for just the right sweet potato pie recipe I found this one and boy I am happy I did! It turned out fantastic! Just perfect!! I am guilty of using a Pillsbury pie crust because I didn’t have time to make one from scratch, but everything else was all me. If you like sweet potato pie then this is a recipe for you!
- 1/3 cup butter or 1/3 cup margarine , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs; mix well.
- Add milk, sweet potatoes, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until pie tests done.
- Cool; Store in refrigerator or eat warm! It’s fantastic warm!
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
3 thoughts on “Sweet Potato Pie”
I am a huge fan of sweet potato pie but, like you, have never made it myself. I'll have to try your recipe. Thanks!
\”Sweet potato pie and I shut my mouth…\” Ever heard that song?Song of the South-Alabama I think it was…. Tasty looking dish though!
I tried this recipe and EVERYONE LOVED IT!!! Thank you very much.