I never thought this recipe would be anything special, but I needed a quick side dish and I had all the ingredients. I happened to be looking through a magazine when I found it, decided to make it that night. It’s a great recipe. We were all big fans of it. The flavor is excellent. I didn’t use Swanson broth because I didn’t have any, but I did have homemade both in the freezer which worked perfectly.
- 1 3/4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tsp italian seasoning crushed
- 3/4 cup of uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat broth and italian seasonings in 2-qt saucepan over a medium-high heat to boil
- Stir rice and spinach in saucepan. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 20 mins, or until rice is tender. Stir in cheese. Serve with additional cheese.
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
1 thought on “Swanson Simmered Italian Rice”
I can see how those ingredients would work well together. I would like to try this. My husband is a big rice eater.