What attracted me to this recipe was the jalapeño monterey jack cheese. Monterey jack cheese is my favorite cheese. I like the spiciness and the creaminess. This recipe is excellent. It’s super simple, inexpensive, and it has a restaurant quality about it. It might not be the most visually appealing meal, but the flavor is appealing enough. One tip I recommend is instead of pouring the sauce over the pasta, mix the pasta in to the sauce so that the sauce gets inside the penne. This will allow the sauce to get into the pasta, and just makes it even better. I did not do that when we had this for dinner, but we had the leftovers for lunch and I tried it. It really did make a difference.
- 3 tbs of bacon bits (pre-cooked do not use immitation, or bacos)
- 2 boneless chicken breasts (pre-cooked or 1 small can of chicken)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (I use a mild jalapeno)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces of shredded jalapeno monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- Over medium heat sauté in butter, bacon bits, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno pepper, and garlic until just tender.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 3/4 cup of the broth, and the milk. Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in cheese and sour cream; then add the cooked chicken.
- If the sauce is too thick, add the remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions, drain well, then add to sauce.
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
6 thoughts on “Jalapeno Monterey Jack Chicken Penne”
This sounds so good! I will be making this tomorrow.
That sounds so yummy! Is it really spicy? Just wondering if my 2 and 1 year old could handle it. If so, it's on the menu this week.Thanks for stopping by, I'm following back! 🙂
Colie!Following you on Relax & Surf Sunday! My Facebook fan page, “Inspire!” has quotes, poems and stories to inspire you. I’d like to invite you to stop by!http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspire/338562522284?ref=ts
This looks fantastic! Thanks for following my blog, 8aplenty. So excited to see your blog and get some recipe's for my big fam!Sara
Hi! I love the look of this dish, I will have to try to make this one! I love alfredo! Thanks for coming over to my blog! Following you back! I love new recipes by the way 🙂 Hope you had a great Labor Day weekend!
Hi Nic, it would be easy to calm down the heat in this recipe like by leaving out the Jalapeno, or even using a different type of cheese. Thanks for stopping by it's going to be fun getting to know you all