This is such a quick and easy way to make corn on the cob. We had this with our Fourth of July dinner. I was able to toss it in the microwave and have it ready just in time for dinner. I was very impressed with the flavor, how easy it was too cook, and the overall simplicity of the whole process. It’s tender, juicy, and flavorful. Who needs butter when you can cook it like this? Can I tell you how much I love Kittencal! Her recipes rock!!
- 3 ears of corn (do not remove the husks)
- 2 damp paper towels (use a double paper towel)
- Butter if needed
- salt if needed
- Cut off the floppy silks on top of the husks (do not remove the husk).
- Wet both papers towels and squeeze out the water then wrap each husk well with double layer of damp paper towels.
- Place the corn/s around the outside of the turntable.
- Microwave for 10 (add or subtract 2.5mins per ear) minutes on HIGH, turn the corn onto it’s otherside and continue to cook for another 10 minutes (feel the ear to be sure they are very hot).
- Using a towel carefully remove from microwave and let sit for 5 minutes before removing the husks and silks, the silks will slide off like magic (BE CAREFUL these are very hot!).
- Serve with butter and salt.