This is a very ugly dish, but what it lacks in beauty it makes up in flavor. It’s creamy and delicious comfort food that is super easy. This makes a very good Sunday dinner that just about anyone will love. This is another recipe I do not know who to give credit to. If this is your recipe please let me know so that I can give you credit.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 envelope beefy onion soup
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2-10.75 oz. cans cream of mushroom soup,do not add water
- 1.5 lbs. russet potatoes (about 5 cups diced)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheese, divided
- 6 quart dish
- Brown the beef and onion together in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain the fat.
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut them into cubes, leave the skin on. Add the potatoes to the slow cooker. Pour over the meat and onion into the slow cooker. Add the soup, salt, pepper, garlic powder, corn and half of the cheese. Stir. Spread out the hash into a flat layer.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time. Let me stress… DO NOT open the lid or the potatoes will not get cooked
- Add the remaining shredded cheese evenly over the hash. Cover and let the cheese melt for about 10 minutes.