- 1 tablespoons bacon pan drippings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Milk
- To a skillet add flour and put the heat on a medium heat.
- Using a whisk, stir your flour around with your whisk insuring the flour does not burn.
- Once your flour is a nice light brown color, add the bacon drippings and the butter and rapidly begin using your whisk to insure that the flour oil mixture does not get lumpy.
- Gradually add your broth and continuing whisking once all of your broth has been mixed in gradually add in the milk.
- Go slowly to prevent the milk from curdling. Once your gravy is nice and sooth add the pepper, and garlic powder.
- Try the gravy and add salt as needed.
- Cook until the gravy is nice and thick or until it’s at your desired consistency.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com