OK so I didn’t make lemonade but I did make a huge mistake that turned out to be an awesome surprise. I started off making cheesy vegetables as a side dish, but I ended up adding too much milk and too much cheese and my vegetable side dish turned into fantastic vegetable cheese soup. It’s nice when a disaster turns into something wonderful.
Easy and delicious… what more could you ask for?
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (I used broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
- ¼ cup milk
- 4-6 ounces of processed American cheese (Velveeta)
- Season salt (to taste)
- Cube American cheese and place inside a medium sized pot along with the vegetables and ¼ cup of milk.
- Next add a few dashes of season salt.
- Water inside the frozen vegetables will help thin the soup but add more milk as needed to thin.
- Put your heat on medium and allow to get warm. Stir every minute or so. Do not allow the milk and cheese to boil. If the milk and cheese boil the cheese will separate and will curdle. Whatever you do you do not want that. If you noticed a bunch of little bumps and balls into of your soup it has seperated.
- Continue to stir
- Serve when cheese has melted and vegetables are tender.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
1 thought on “When Life Gives You Cheese… Make Lemonade …. No That Doesn’t Sound Right!”
Yum! Good mistake !