This was so simple after dinner the other night I threw everything in the crockpot but the chicken. Once everything was in I used the whisk to mix everything together then I stuck the chicken in and covered the chicken with the sauce. 5 hours later it was ready! I let it cool, then stuck it in the refrigerator and heated it up the next day for dinner. Simple and great! It’s very flavorful and excellent! We all really enjoyed this recipe.
- 1 8-ounce can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 4-ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon Honey Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth. Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir to combine.
- Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve.
*Calories 91 calories for 4oz. We ate our chicken on 45 calorie pieces of bread served with 1 serving of Alexia sweet potato puffs. Total Calories for the meal= 311*
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole
3 thoughts on “Barbecue Pulled Chicken (Low Calorie Options)”
That's such a good idea. I love pulled pork, but I quit eating pork, so I'm glad to see a good option.However, I'm pretty sure Montreal seasonings have MSG in them. I use McCormick select blends instead. No salt, no msg.
Nope No MSG but it does have salt: SALT, SPICES (INCLUDING BLACK PEPPER AND RED PEPPER), GARLIC, SUNFLOWER OIL, AND EXTRACTIVES OF DILL AND PAPRIKA.
Looks yummy! Just stopping by to say thanks for following my blog, and I'm following you back:) I have 100 follower giveaway going on until Wednesday. come check it out if you like:)