We all really enjoyed this recipe! It’s quick and easy but best of all it’s loaded with flavor. This would be an awesome start to a pot pie it would also be awesome served loaded full of vegetables and served over biscuits.
What I loved was that it was only 7 Weight Watchers points (plus) not including anything that was being served with it like rice or potatoes.
We served our over mashed potatoes which was amazing. I think this would also be fantastic served over brown rice. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that this isn’t a pretty recipe.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pounds)
- 1 packages brown gravy mix (I used pioneer)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) low fat low sodium cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp. dry onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup of frozen pea and carrot mix
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Mashed potatoes or Rice prepared
- To a dutch oven add dry gravy, onion flakes, garlic powder, water, and cream of chicken soup. Using a whisk mix all together.
- Add chicken breast to the pot and cover with gravy bring to a boil then reduce heat to a medium and cover. Cook for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until chicken starts to fall apart. Stir often to prevent burning and sticking.
- Shred chicken breast in the pot then add 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots mix well then recover the pot. Cook for another 2o minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, or rice or toast.
Adapted from Original Recipe Source
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com