This recipe is very easy and delicious. I love any recipe that can be made in the Instant Pot. I don’t even put it away anymore. I use it so much that I have made a space for it on the counter. This is a copy cat recipe of Hamburger Helper. I have never eaten Hamburger Help so I cannot say either way, but my husband said that it is even better. He suggested not leaving out the cheese.
- 1-pound lean ground beef (93/7)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½- tsp dried basil
- 8 ounces’ rotini noodles, uncooked
- 1-3/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1-14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the beef. Break it up with a spoon (I use this tool*). Add in the onion. Sprinkle in the salt, pepper, garlic powder and basil. Brown the beef and sauté the onion.
- Once the beef is browned, add in the uncooked pasta. Then pour the broth over the top. Dump the canned tomatoes over the top. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes.
- Once the time is up let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Remove the lid and stir in the sour cream and mozzarella. If you want to thicken up the sauce you can stir in a cornstarch slurry (stir the cornstarch and milk together until smooth and then stir it into the pot). Salt and pepper to taste.
Modified Original Recipe Source