This recipe is amazing… I mean amazing! I didn’t think it would be but in fact it’s awesome!! It’s so simple and delicious! Mix, measure, microwave and eat! Maybe it should be called the 3 M’s cake!
This is one of those recipes you can keep on hand for cake emergencies like a guest coming over or a chocolate cake emergency. If you are someone who doesn’t like angel food cake you might not like this cake because it’s spongier like angel food. The angel food cake is what makes the entire cake rise so you won’t want to replace it with anything else.
This really is a fun recipe and something that is so easy to make with the kids. They will love it and freak out that they can actually have a cake in 1 minute. I think this recipe is also great because you won’t have cake laying around all the time waiting for you to eat it. This is an emergency cake or a quick cake. Enjoy
- 1 box Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 box Chocolate cake mix (or any flavor)
- Zip Bag
- Chocolate Chips
- Mix the 2 cake mixes together in a gallon zip-lock bag. Then shake-shake-shake… yes you can dance around the kitchen without looking weird… you have a purpose! Then the mix is ready!
- To make the cake
- In a coffee cup or a ramekin mix 3 tablespoons cake mix with 2 tablespoons water; and optional chocolate chips
- Mix together and microwave for 1 minute. Let this rest for a few minutes and serve with toppings.
- My toppings were chocolate syrup, cool whip and sprinkles.
Original Recipe Source