- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pounds)
- 1 packages brown gravy mix (I used pioneer)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) low fat low sodium cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp. dry onion flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup of frozen pea and carrot mix
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Mashed potatoes or Rice prepared
- To a dutch oven add dry gravy, onion flakes, garlic powder, water, and cream of chicken soup. Using a whisk mix all together.
- Add chicken breast to the pot and cover with gravy bring to a boil then reduce heat to a medium and cover. Cook for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until chicken starts to fall apart. Stir often to prevent burning and sticking.
- Shred chicken breast in the pot then add 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots mix well then recover the pot. Cook for another 2o minutes.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, or rice or toast.
Adapted from Original Recipe Source
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com