- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound Portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ white onion sliced
- 1 rounded cup dry orzo
- 1/2 cup chardonnay
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium sized pot over a medium heat add onion and garlic and cook until light brown
- Add orzo and cook about 2 minutes. When it has taken on a light golden color, pour in chardonnay, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed.
- Add mushroom and cook for two minutes with 1/2 cup broth. Stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the orzo is al dente, only use as much chicken broth as needed this process should take about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com