This recipe is a copycat version of Trader Joe’s Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip. Personally I think it’s even better. I think the Trader Joe’s dip is great but I think it’s slightly lacking in flavor. I thought it could be improved upon and I think I did it.
I found this awesome copycat recipe and although I don’t think it’s quite Trader Joe’s recipe I think it’s better than their recipe, but I also think it was lacking in flavor also. I made a few changes to the original recipe by adding a few additional spices and increasing the salt. I don’t recommend that you add additional salt until you have allowed the dip to hang out in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. You need a lot of time for the vegetables in this recipe to get happy. It really does take everything coming together to make this recipe awesome.
I love this recipe! It’s fantastic and something that I will have in the refrigerator at all times. It’s low in calories and low in Weight Watchers points if you are interesting. It’s just fantastic!
If you are making this for an event you are going to want to make sure that you make this recipe a day or two ahead of time. It’s just sooo good!!
- 1 (16 ounce) container fat free Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (full fat)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small box finely chopped spinach (frozen)
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- ⅓ Cup water chestnuts, finely minced
- ⅓ Cup green bell pepper, finely minced
- ⅓ Cup carrot, finely minced
- 3 small cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- This recipe must be made at least 24 hours before you need it!!
- Defrost frozen spinach then squeeze until all the liquid is gone from the spinach. The spinach must be completely squeezed dry. This will help to prevent the dip from being watered down.
- Cut the spinach into small pieces the finer the better.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Allow the dip to refrigerate overnight.
Original Recipe Source
1 Weight Watchers PointsPlus
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com