- 3/4 cup orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat free milk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I just used grated Kraft)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and run under cool water to stop the cooking process, then set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent. I under cooked them a bit for a little added crunch.
- Whisk in flour and cook for around 1 minute then whisk in milk, and cook, whisk constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in Parmesan until melted, about 1 minute. Add orzo and gently toss to combine; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook another minute or two to insure the dish is heated all the way through.
- A nice variation would be to add extra steamed vegetables or chicken chunks to make it more of a main dish.
- Serve immediately.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com