I have gotten to where I love quinoa so much. Even my family thinks it’s fantastic. I decided to take our normal Spanish rice recipe and switch out the rice for quinoa. I am sure happy I gave it a try it’s fantastic.
I love the texture and I love that it’s something different I also love the extra protein that comes with cooking with quinoa!
Another great things about using the quinoa versus rice is the fact that this recipe cooks up much faster and you are not spending as much time in the kitchen!!
- 4 Slices of bacon (uncooked)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 16 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups of water
- 3/4 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 2-1/2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of pepper
- Dice up bacon pieces then add them to a skillet, cook until crispy and pour off half the fat
- Add to the skillet chopped onion, and bell pepper cook until tender, but not brown
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well, then cook covered for 20-30 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 2 Points per 1/2 Cup
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole