This chili is very good and super filling. It’s a great recipe that will leave you full for the remainder of the night. It also makes great left overs. Although I deviated from the original recipe a bit to suit our needs I think it turned out fantastic. It’s a super hearty recipe. Although we are eating it during the summer it would make a great recipe on a winter night.
Serving it during the summer? Add one cup of the warm chili over a bed of lettuce for a chili salad. Delicious! If you are following Weight Watchers PointsPlus this recipe is 4 points for 1 cup, serve it with ½ cup of cooked quinoa for an additional 2 points.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 16-oz can black beans
- 1 16-oz can kidney beans
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1-14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies (Rotel)
- 16 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 tbsp. cumin
- 1/2 tbsp. chili powder
- 16 oz. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- To a large pot add diced chicken breast. Cook until chicken is cooked through. You can leave the breast whole but they will take longer to cook. Allow to cool then shred the chicken. Set aside but do not remove any drippings from the pot.
- To the pot add bell pepper and onion, cook until tender you can add a little water if you vegetables start drying out while cooking.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well
- Bring chili to a boil then cover and turn the heat down to medium or medium low
- Allow the chili to simmer for one hour covered, stir occasionally
- Serve over cooked rice or quinoa
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com