I needed to cut some calories off of my dinner so I decided to cut down on calories by using a piece of bread verses using a hot dog bun. My husband told me about toasty dogs so I thought I would give it a try. The bread I used was 60 calories a slice whereas a bun is at least 120 calories.
- 6 slices Sandwich Bread
- 6 low fat hot dogs
- 3 cheese sticks
- 1 cups hot dog chili
- Add any condiments to each slice of bread then put your hot dog in the middle of the bread along with half of a cheese stick cut long ways.
- Fold your bread into a triangle.
- Next bring your bread edges to a peak, then you use a toothpick to put the edges together. Place each toasty dog in a baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray and bake on 350 degrees until the cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove from the pan.
- Use chili and other condiments as a dipping sauce for your toasty dog. Delicious and much lower in calories!
*the nutritional information below do not include condiments other than chili
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com