I love fruit on the bottom cottage cheese. I think it’s fantastic but what I am not a huge fan of, besides the fact that it’s overpriced, but the fruit choices are very limited.
I starting thinking how silly it was to buy these little cups when I could just as easily make them myself. It’s fast simple and there is nothing added that you were not counting on like extra sugar or salt. I have become more aware of how much salt can be in a lot of processed food and it’s not pretty.
Here is a super simple recipe to make your own fruit filled cottage cheese cups.
- ½ low fat cottage cheese 2% milk
- ½ black cherries (any fruit)
- ½ packet stevia (or more)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl
- Smash your cherries down a bit to make sure that they release some of their juices.
- Mix well and refrigerator for a half hour or eat right away. I have found that letting it sit for about will help the flavors meld and will help thicken the cottage cheese back up.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus 2 Points
*anything with a zero is not necessarily a zero we do not have all of those numbers available to us.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com