I can’t tell you enough just how wonderful this cake is. It’s moist and bouncy and simply delicious. If you want to make an impression bring this cake with you. I love that it cake easily be a sheet cake or a two tier cake. This will be my forever go-to chocolate cake!
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong black coffee, cooled
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick + 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
- Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for two minutes. Batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9×13 pan or two 9 inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes for a 9×13, or 30-35 minutes for layer pans.
- Combine frosting ingredients and mix with a hand or stand mixer. Spread frosting on cooled cakes.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com