- 1 (4 pound) beef brisket
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans French onion soup
- 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans or bottles beer
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place a large roasting pan over medium-high heat and sear beef brisket, fat side down at first, until browned on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove brisket and set aside.
- Place onion slices into the bottom of the roasting pan; pour 1 can beef broth, 1 can French onion soup, and 1 can beer over the onions.
- Lay the brisket into the roasting pan; pour remaining cans of beef broth, French onion soup, and beer over the brisket. Cover the roasting pan with a lid.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 3 hours. Remove from oven and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Remove cooled brisket from roasting pan and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Pour pan juices and onion into a food storage container and cover tightly with a lid. Refrigerate beef and pan juices overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Pour pan juices and onion into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Unwrap the brisket, cut away any visible fat, and slice thinly across the grain of the meat. Place brisket slices into the pan juices.
- Return to oven and bake until pan juices are thickened and meat is hot, about 45 more minutes.
Number of Servings: 7 (fat removed)
- 396 calories per serving
- 24 carbs
- 8 grams of fat
- 51 protein
- 2 sugar
*Nutritional information found on www.myfitnesspal.com this information will vary based on the products you use.*
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com