- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract, optional
- 6 cups cubed store-bought pound cake
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup strawberries sliced
- 1 pint pitted black cherries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- To a bowl add fruit and sugar and stir. Cover and allow to set in for several hours or until sugar melts. Stir every half hour or so.
- Combine cream, sugar and almond extract in a bowl. With an electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form.
- Place a dollop of cream in each of six glasses. Top with 1/4 cup of pound cake cubes, another spoonful of cream and some fruit mixture. Continue alternating layers of cake, cream and fruit until you have used it all up. Serve immediately!
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com