I want to go on record as saying I hate fresh mushrooms. I don’t mind them in a can but fresh to me are no good. I had no idea I could be converted and all it would take would be this recipe. These are the best things I have tasted in forever. They are tangy, with a slight bit of sweet, but the perfect amount of sweet, with and incredible balsamic flavor.
These went so fast in our house my head was spinning! At first I couldn’t understand why everyone was ooing and awwing until I tried them myself… OH MY GOODNESS these mushrooms are fantastic absolutely fantiastic!
I LOVE these mushrooms!
- 1 lb. white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Clean mushrooms with a paper towel. I learned from Rachel Ray you should never wash mushrooms with water so I wouldn’t suggest that because it will make them mushy! No one wants mushy mushrooms!
- Slice your mushrooms into nice thick slices
- Preheat a heavy skillet on a medium heat then add olive oil and butter
- Once your oil and butter are well melted and combined add mushrooms and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes without touching them.
- Flip each mushroom onto its other side and cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients and gently stir until everything is well combined. You will want to continue to watch the mushrooms until they reach your desired caramelization. They will be beautiful!
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com