Garlic just makes this recipe pop! Like I said this is one of the best recipes ever. I think you could even add more vegetables to the recipe like yellow squash and zucchini.
- 4-5 medium sized carrots
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan (plus more for garnish)
- Coarse sea salt
- Peel the carrot skin. Then, working from top to bottom, peel thin ribbons from the carrots. I used a “Y” peeler.
- Spin the carrot as you go to get similar width strips.
- Cook and drain the pasta.
- In a large skillet, sautee´ the carrot ribbons and the minced garlic with 2T olive oil and a pinch of salt until they become just slightly limp (about 3 minutes on medium heat).
- Turn the heat to low and add the cooked pasta to the skillet.
- Add the juice from 1 lemon, 2 more tablespoons of olive oil and 1/4c shaved parmesan.
- Toss to combine, then plate, with extra parmesan as a garnish
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com