This is a wonderful recipe but let me caution you about a few things. Like I said before, these are wonderful, but they are super rich. The original recipe suggests 2 cups of Cadbury eggs which to me was way over the top. I personally think that 1 cup is plenty. I like sweet but that is just painfully sweet.
This recipe also suggest an 8×8 pan or a 9×9 pan. I personally found this makes the brownies too thick. If you are looking for large cake brownies then those would be great pans but next time I would try something bigger like a 9×13 pan.
The dough is very hard to spread so don’t be surprised by that, and be sure to watch your baking time. Mine were so thick in a 9×9 pan that they took forever to cook, then when they were finally cooked they were terribly dried out.
I think this recipe is great but I also think it could use a lot of adapting to make it just right. Personally if you were in a hurry you could get a nice boxed brownie mix and follow the instructions and just add the Cadbury Eggs. Although not homemade it would be much easier and probably just as good!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups milk chocolate mini eggs
- In a medium sizes mixing bowl sift flower, baking soda and salt together.
- Melt butter over medium heat. Once melted add to the bowl of your electric mixer. Cream together with sugars.
- Add in vanilla and eggs mix until creamy.
- Slowly add in flour mixture until it is incorporated.
- Fold in Mini Eggs.
- Spread batter into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Bake at 325 for about 40 minutes or until a tooth pick is inserted in the center and comes out clean.
- Let the bars cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
Original Recipe Source
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
Published by Nicole
Hi thank you for stopping by. I am very excited to have you here. Pull up a chair and have a seat, this is the view from my side of the table.
View all posts by Nicole