*My only complaint is that the bread on the bottom turned to rubber bread. Next time I am planning on taking the bread and spreading some garlic butter on it them toasting it. Then cutting it into bite size pieces. Another idea would be to take pizza dough, roll it into small 1 inch balls, place it in the bottom of the pan and bake it until the dough is cooked through, then proceed with the recipe.*
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch thick slices
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-lb. pkg. fully cooked frozen meatballs, thawed
- 1 (28 oz.) jar pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer in an ungreased 9×13 baking dish (see notes below).
- Fill in any gaps with smaller bits of bread.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and seasonings.
- Spread mixture over bread slices.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Gently mix together spaghetti sauce and meatballs.
- Spoon over cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com