This recipe is actually a mistake. I started off making two different recipes and finished with a bang. When I realized I had added taco seasoning to my hummus recipe instead of paprika I thought I was in big trouble. This is what happens when you are making too many recipes at one time.
|Mini Cups are great for dipping and prevents double dipping!|
I ran to my laptop hoping to save the day. I actually found a Betty Crocker Recipe that was similar so I added a little more taco seasoning as recommended and came out with a real gem!
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/4 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 oz.) chick peas (undrained)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Drain chick peas, but reserving the liquid.
- To a blender or food processor add chick peas, tahini, oil, lemon juice, garlic, and taco seasoning mix. Cover; blend until smooth.
- Add reserved chick pea liquid, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency.
- Taste the hummus for flavor if you desire add more taco seasoning (Note that the flavor will progress as the hummus sits so do not over-load on the seasoning).
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or more for flavor.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com