This is a great recipe especially if you like zucchini. For the zucchini haters in my house the recipe was not high on their list as expected. The mistake I made with this recipe was not using shredded parmesan cheese but rather using the Kraft parmesan in a jar. Yes big mistake! I have no doubt that would have been a huge improvement.
The group parmesan cheese ended up tasting a bit grainy and dry whereas the shredded would have actually melted. Although this recipe actually didn’t turn out it was very good and is something I would make again in the future.
- 8 medium zucchini, sliced in half
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tbsp. dried thyme or oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange zucchini halves on 2 rimmed baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix to combine Parmesan cheese, oregano (thyme), salt and black pepper.
- Top each zucchini slice with 1 – 1.5 tbsp. of cheese-herb mixture spreading evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Then broil on High for 4 – 5 minutes or until cheese turns crispy and golden. Serve warm or cold.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com
2 thoughts on “Parmesan Zucchini Sticks”
Yum! Looks good! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the heads up on the grated parmesan. I am looking for a good recipe for zucchini sticks and I don't want to resort to deep frying. I want to bake them. These look good and easy. 🙂