- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken flavor Ramen noodles
- 16 ounce package bagged coleslaw mix
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seed toasted
- ½ bunch green onion, sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (don’t use olive oil because it will change the flavor)
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- In a small bowl add brown sugar, sesame oil, vegetable oil, the two packets of ramen seasoning mix and rice wine vinegar whisk all together until the sugar melts, then set aside.
- Before opening the ramen noodles, crush into 1 inch pieces and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl add slaw, along with the dressing. I recommend adding just enough dressing to cover the salad well. I found that the recipe makes a bit too much dressing and I didn’t want my slaw dripping with dressing. You can always add more before serving. Cover and chill two hours. Reserve extra dressing.
- Once your slaw has chilled mix it well and decide if you need to add more dressing or not.
- About 10 minute before serving add ramen, almonds, and sunflower seeds and mix well. Again check to see if you need more dressing and serve.
- You will want to add your crunchy items just before serving or they will get mushy!
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com