This recipe is the answer to so many of my brown rice prayers. Normally my brown rice either comes our crunchy, or a big gloppy mess. I have never been able to find a happy middle for my brown rice until now. I found a recipe online that claimed to be the perfect brown rice. I seriously had my doubts. I haven’t found a perfect way to cook brown rice to date so why would I now? Who knew I would this time.
This recipe turned out awesome!! I love anything that I can cook ahead and have it ready to go at any time and I love that I can make a large quantity of brown rice at the same time. In order to make a good fried rice you have to have odder cooked rice that has cooled. This is perfect!
- 1 -1/2 cups brown rice
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter or vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread rice in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bring water and butter or oil to a boil, either in a saucepan or in the microwave. Keep an eye on it and take it off heat immediately after it starts boiling.
- Immediately stir in salt and pour water over rice in baking dish. Cover baking dish tightly with 2 layers of foil, or heavy-duty foil.
- Transfer baking dish to oven and bake rice until tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove baking dish from oven and uncover.
- Fluff rice with fork, then cover dish with kitchen towel and let rice stand for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and let rice stand 5 minutes longer. Serve immediately.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com