Happy Fat Tuesday!!
- 1 stick butter (not margarine)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup heaping brown sugar
- 3 Bananas sliced into large pieces 2-inches
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Dark Rum (I prefer Cruzan’ Spiced Rum)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a cast iron skillet add a stick of butter and place on a medium heat until the entire stick is melted.
- To the butter add the brown sugar and using a whisk to mix until everything is melted and well combines.
- Next add heavy cream and cinnamon then continue cooking. Once your mixture is well combined and bubbly add the bananas and pecans. Mix well and continue to cook.
- Add rum to the skillet and again combine well. With a torch lighter (the longer lighters) ignite the rum and let it flame up and burn down. If the flame doesn’t burn out. You can also extinguish it yourself by shaking the skillet.
- This is great served over a quality vanilla ice cream like Bluebell Homemade Vanilla ice cream.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com