I grew up on a chili recipe similar to this one. I have altered it a bit from what I would normally have to add a few different flavors. This recipe is really great and super simple. This recipe is not spicy but it can easily be made into spicy chili based on the ingredients you add or the amounts you add.
- 2 lbs. extra lean ground beef
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 large chopped green bell pepper
- 2 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 cup salsa (I used Pace Mild)
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt or more less if desired
- 2 beef bouillon cubes (MSG free if possible)
- Pinch red pepper flakes or more if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 27 ounce Chili Beans in chili sauce (pinto beans in chili sauce) (do not drain)
- Brown beef then drain off grease
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer 1-1/2 hour or until chili thickens up stirring every 10-15minutes
- Serve over rice
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com