There are so many things to love about this chocolate mousse that it’s hard to know where to start. I will first start off with how easy and fast this mousse is! It’s simply putting everything in a bowl and turning on the mixer then if you want folding in some sweet toppings. It’s frugal! One pint of heavy whipping cream and a box of hot chocolate (I used Swiss Miss) and if you want some toppings and you are good to go! You could easily make dessert for four for $5.00.
What I love most is this could be served very elegantly and it looks like you spent a lot of time and money making this dessert up, but your secret is… you didn’t!
Are you in need of a nice romantic and CHEAP dessert for your special Valentine? This is the dessert for you! As soon as your mousse is made spoon it into wine glasses top with a strawberry and shave a piece of chocolate on top then stick it in the refrigerator until you need it! Beautiful, elegant, romantic, quick, easy, inexpensive!
Please don’t add whip topping to this dessert! If you are going to use heavy whipping cream to make this you need to save a little on the side and whip it up without the chocolate to use as a topping. Keep it tasting just as rich and delicious by leaving the whip topping out and adding your own whipping cream or a heavy whipping cream topping like Reddi Whip.
Ingredients Valentine’s Day Mousse for two:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 envelopes of dry hot chocolate mix (no marshmallows)
*optional toppings* (mini chocolate chips, marshmallows)
Ingredients Mousse for Many: (Serves 8)
- 1 –box of hot chocolate 8 count (no marshmallows)
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
*optional topping* (mini chocolate chips, marshmallows)
- To either a stand mixing bowl or a regular mixing bowl place dry hot chocolate mix in the bowl then topping with ice cold heavy whipping cream straight from the refrigerator.
- Mix with stand mixer or hand held mixer until creams has stiff peaks forming. Once the heavy cream is nice and stiff using a spatula incorporate desire toppings to mix in like chocolate chips, or marshmallows. Once everything is folded in evenly distribute mousse between wine glass, and small bowls, then top with desired toppings I personally like chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com