When I was a kid my Nana would make this each year to go on the Christmas Eve table for our family Christmas Eve party. This was my favorite cheese ball. In my head I can still see the plate that my Nana would put it on it was shaped like a green holly leaf with an elf’s face on the side. It was a ceramic plate that my Nana made herself.
This Christmas my aunt made it for the very first time in probably 20 years. I can’t even believe I just wrote 20 years. That was the last Christmas my Nana was alive. This cheese ball is my favorite one. I love it because of all the spices they meld so well together and the is just perfect for anything. It would be great on crackers, bagels, or just about anything.
Although my pictures don’t show this recipe in ball form it’s actually a cheese ball. In order to make this recipe into a cheese ball you will have to double the recipe below.
The original recipe does not call for fat free cream cheese. Adjust to what makes you happy!!
- 11 ounces Fat Free Cream Cheese (1 block + 3 ounces) (room temperature)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon Marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon Summer Savory
- ¼ cup Parsley or nuts to cover cheese ball
*If you are wanting to make this recipe into a cheese ball you will need to double the ingredients above*
- In a small bowl with a hand mixer or a stand mixer add all the ingredients (except parsley or nuts) and mix well at a medium speed. Line a small bowl with plastic wrap and cover. Refrigerator overnight.
- Take cheese ball out of the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature
- Place fresh parsley or nuts on a sheet of wax paper to coat cheese ball
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com