This is a really interesting recipe. I wasn’t the biggest fan, but it wasn’t bad either. It has a unique flavor and a nice consistency. In the future I think I would use this recipe more as a gravy than a side dish. I think it would be wonderful over steak or a nice grilled chicken breast.
From what I read online the word Mifgash means encounter in Hebrew so I guess you could call this encounter mushrooms! Interesting!! I love learning new things.
My family loves mushrooms so no one was complaining about a big pot of them. They gobbled them down in no time, as for me I found them to be a bit salty and nothing special at least as a side dish. Like I said this would rock as a gravy or base to slow cook chicken in.
- 1 tablespoon oil, for frying
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can button mushroom, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon soup mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely grated
- Fry the onion in the oil until golden.
- Add the mushrooms and continue sauteing for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the soup mix, the black pepper and the paprika.
- Add enough water to make a sauce.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce has reached the desired thickness.
Check Out Our Online Recipe Book: www.CafeChatterbox.com